Monday, April 4, 2011

The end of a Taz groom's cake

Oh, man.  Last week was tense, but I managed to pull off 2 major things:  finishing the Taz cake AND officially re-launching the Donut Girl Etsy store!  woo hoo!

First off, the Taz cake was quite the harrowing process.  The groom is a drummer with a *ahem* Taz tattoo ripping out of his upper arm, drumsticks in hand.  I believe it predates 1990 and was done in the back of an old Trans Am.  At least that's my theory.  Hi Billy!

It was my first attempt at a 3D cake design, and I was nervous to say the least.  All I wanted was to NOT end up on cakewrecks.com.   The Taz figure ended up being the easiest part of the process, next to baking the actual cake.  The difficulty came in assembling the drum and getting it to look somewhat like the groom's actual snare drum.  Here's the finished product:

RARRRGH!! 
I am very happy with how it turned out, and it stayed in one piece for the whole evening.  The bride and groom were very happy with it as well, so I really couldn't ask for more.  Yay!

In regards to the Donut Girl Etsy store.... if you aren't aware, I am now offering DG cookies for sale online that CAN BE SHIPPED!  Woo hoooo!  I have 3 vegan options; 6 total.  There is also a 10% off code you can score on the DG facebook page too, so get shopping!  If you are a KC local, there is also an option to pick up your order at my KC address.  Just enter code "4LOCALPU" when you order.  Here's a couple of the guys you'll find for sale:




Happy monday.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Pronounced like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCumH8LRo1A

    ReplyDelete