Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls!

If you are familiar with the Donut Girl Facebook page, then you probably remember that I posted about how both sides of my family have influenced my baking style  (click here to revisit).


Continuing with this theme, I present to you another gem from my Dad's recipe vault.....Aunt Sarah's Cinnamon Rolls.  My large extended family used to converge on our family "cabin" every Thanksgiving when I was a kid, and I still remember the smell of waking up to Aunt Sarah and Grandma Irene making these cinnamon rolls in the morning.  I'm pretty sure they woke up at like 5 am to start making them.  Below is a jpg of the recipe and a couple present day shots of me and my crew re-visiting the cabin.  Enjoy!


Memorial Day - 2010 
the kitchen counter - home of the famous cinnamon rolls


the acknowledgment of the recipe's vagueness cracks me up - click on photo to see in full size

No comments:

Post a Comment